Thursday, January 29, 2009

Patchwork Bucket

Photobucket
I really needed a larger basket for the kitchen to replace the small one that was holding my son's sippy cups. It was overflowing to the point of things falling out. I couldn't find anything I liked at a price point I could afford. So I dug into my stash and busted out this tute: http://foofanagle.wordpress.com/2007/06/26/bagsket-tutorial/ I didn't follow the tute exactly. Originally I made the 12 inch one but it was a lot bigger than I had anticipated. So I ripped out out the seams and cut it down to the 8 inch size. (sort of. I mis-measured my top part and had to fudge it a [s]bit[/s] lot.) I made up my own handles to fit the amount of fabric I had on hand. I also left out the bag part because I didn't really need it. Since I wanted to use up stash & I didn't have any pellon 70, I used the lightweight interfacing I had on hand and some leftover quilt batting to help it stand up. I free motion quilted the bottom and stitched in the ditch on the top. My binding was leftover from another baby quilt so it's two different fabrics. All in all I love how it turned out. :)  
bottom: Photobucket 
inside: Photobucket  
all full up!: Photobucket

No comments: